Monday, April 8, 2013

Homemade Dog Shampoo


Not only is it important to watch what you put on your skin but it is as important what you put on your dogs skin.   Dogs shampoo is too expensive in my opinion so I hunted the internet for a recipe.   The same basic ingredients popped up in all the recipes I looked at.  After doing my research,  I made one for my dogs.  I thought I would share it with all you dog lovers out there.  I have been using it for several years and never had a problem with it.  It cleans the hair and skin and takes away any odor. 


Dog Shampoo Recipe:

1 cup finely ground oatmeal
1 cup baking soda
4 cups warm water

Mixing together and shampoo dogs.

Make sure you grind the oatmeal up as much as possible so it is easier to rinse out of the dogs hair.  Short hair is not a problem but longer hair or thick hair can be a bit more work to rinse clean.

I have never stored it because I have two Cairn Terriers.  When it is bath time they are pretty dirty because they have found every stinky thing in the yard to roll in.   I end up using the entire recipe.  I have no idea how long it would keep in the refrigerator. 

Hope you like the recipe.


1 comment: