Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Welcome to the Blog!!!


 
Hi Everyone,

Welcome!! I am very excited to launch my blog for Clairalience Skincare. I thought I would begin with a history on how my skincare line came to be.

In 2010 I decided it was time to leave the corporate world and embark on a long overdue change in my life. I didn’t know what that meant other then I had to take that first step. I’m an artist and educated in the field so it never really made sense that I was working in a cage in an office. I had to break out and spread my wings and focus on the talent everyone said I had.

About five years ago I took a soap making class. Little did I know that I already started my journey into the natural skincare line that I have since created. As I honed my skills in soap making, I received requests to create other skincare items --- scrubs, lotions, and lip balms, just to name a few.

Before I knew it I had a solid line of products. Now the test was to get it into people’s hands. This was the scariest part for me. I was going up against some big names. I thought to myself “Who am I to think I can do this or that?  Do I even know what I am doing?” 

Taking that first step of putting myself out there was not easy for me. But I did it! I had to! I knew my past was in the rear view mirror and that I was speeding away from it.  Life is too short. Looking forward was the only direction for me. 

I did my first vendor show at Swanstone Gardens in Green Bay, Wisconsin.  I knew I was in safe company because David, the owner and a friend, would never let me fail.

All my fears of connecting with people melted away when the first person came to my table. Before I knew it I was laughing and talking with people who just wanted to know more about me and good skincare. That weekend I found my voice when talking about my product. I learned so much that weekend.

Since then I have participated in several vendor shows and home parties, taught skincare classes, and educated people on what natural skincare is all about. I even did three segments for a local television show. I became a camera hog in five minutes of taping the first segment -- and this is coming from a person who hates to have her picture taken!    

Since taking that first step out of the corporate world so many doors have opened for me. I have met countless giving and caring people who have helped me in my journey.  It has all been overwhelming. 

One of the most amazing doors that opened came from people who are dealing with skin issues because medical issues, especially cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiation. I have lost two family members to cancer and I’ve seen the effects of chemo and radiation. This door swung wide open after I’d met five people in a course of a few days who asked me if I added parabens to my products. I’d created the line with the intent of it being a pareben-free line. That week solidified what my line was and that I was on the right path.
 
Let’s face it. We don’t worry about what is in many of the items we consume or put on our skin until we are forced to. Then, when we are backed into the corner, we are unsure what to do, who to talk to, what to believe, and what really is good for us. I am glad to be a small part of helping people when they are unsure what skincare to use and what to look for. Plus I am lucky to meet so many people who are looking for a more natural approach to their skincare needs.

My experience has been incredible, and I know it will only get better.

Enjoy the blog!
Pam

"What we do for otherselves dies with us.  What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal"~~~ Albert Klein


No comments:

Post a Comment